Sunday 3 August 2008

Intoxicated but not drunk

Intoxicated but not drunk.
With half of bottle of Shiraz Rose in my vein, and the prospect of finishing it.But why on Sunday night? With the risk of hangover tomorrow? The Blue Monday?


Rose, not as rich and fruity as red, not as dry as white, with a blend of fruitiness and the illusion of sweetness. Well, thought I get a cheap one, but it is delicious.
Well, any idea why I bought this? Huhuhuh~


Intoxicated, but not drunk.
But how is drunk? What can be defined as drunk for me? Poor balancing? That's intoxicated. Slurred speech? Intoxicated as well. Then what is drunk?


Well, for me maybe it is a state where I can't rationale why I am doing certain things but still doing it, with a possibility that I may forget about it next morning. I may not able to function and think like normal, and the overall brain activity will slow down...well, that's horrible, and so far never experienced it.


The mass media has given me an ideal of drunkenness, which is getting into shit and regret it next morning.If that is how I define drunk, then thank God I haven't experienced it. The most I got is heavy intoxicated, where I still able to get back to my room, shower, dry my hair and sleep like a murdered victim.


So folks, please take note of my definition of drunk.

Why I prefer to say I am intoxicated instead of drunk? For me, you will only get drunk if you do not know that you are getting drunk. So, you see, drunkenness, for me is not physiological, but psychological. When you sense that alcohol effect is taking over you brain, and you are aware of it, and still able to tell your friend that he or she better keep an eye on you, then you are not drunk, just perhaps, heavily intoxicated.


Awareness, is very important. Aware that alcohol is tarting to work. Aware that your senses are affected, your vision may be a bit blur, you touch is less sensitive, try to bite your lips and you will feel less pain. Aware that you need full concentration to walk like normal. Aware, aware, aware.


If you are aware, then you have better chance of controlling your brain and body instead of the alcohol. It will be will power VS chemical. Interesting fight, and never a fair one. Most of the time, in most of the people, the chemical will silently crept to their brain and bang~! You become a alcohol zombie. The very evidence will be you will say that you are not drunk and can drink more, even when you are puking your lungs out and flirting with the big and hairy "jaga" with impressive body odour. If you are aware, you will admit that you are intoxicated, and most likely you will start ordering lighter materials like beer, or water, lots of water.


When I started to drink beers when still schooling, mostly during CNY or some boring typical wedding dinner, I will play game with myself, since my objective to the dinner is only dining. The game is simple, drink and maintain my control over my conscious. But it was a very hard game since most dinner only serves light materials like beer. And if I really wanna get intoxicated to the level that the game can be interesting, my stomach will be full of gas and I will have to play the second game - control the "Qi" and belch the gas. Well, it is boring and need more concentration.


Since for most of the time that I did drink, the most serious level I get is "Highly/Seriously Intoxicated" level, I don't quite believe to those bullshits that people committed wrong doings when they are drunk. Reason being, if you are a human being, it must be you who control yourself, not the alcohol. Alcohol is just a chemical substance that affects our brain activities. It is not a program command that makes you committing crime and so stupid things.


So for all the girls and boys out there, if some one try to so something bad to you when they are drunk, and since they will use drunkenness as an excuse of not remembering it or as excuse to be forgiven, you are free to cut their balls and feed it to a near by dog, or better to the drunkard.


Damn, the intoxicating level and made me lose focus on the agenda for this entry....damn it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger