Tuesday 29 July 2008

But...and there is always a big BUT

Ok, what is sales order in Chinese? How about error? SAP contract? Wow. Really wanna help. But translating technical term really aren't in my list of limited talent. If you want a translated story or lyric at least I can do it. But this...pai seh pai seh.

So the humpty dumpty back to the work....
I knew I purposely left some work yesterday. I realized I still have some shit yet to clean up. Both sites form one of our biggest customer still have orders waiting me. Given my half day until lunch. Only 20% will left. I have this confidence. But....there's a big but.

I was so concentrated, the work turbo was working fine, my momentum was gaining. Then a shadow casted over my cubicle....damn it. I am to join a training that is not directly related to my current job but it will be better I sit in and get to know something. Well...since, not directly related to me then I can of course pay only less than a quarter of attention and proceed my work there.

And so it was done. But....there is always a big but. I sensed a disturbance in the force. The workforce was not balance, so I sensed it. In the meeting room, I started to got a bad feeling about this.

I opened MSN, opened Sametime. I checked and rechecked. I sneaked out of the room (witnessed by all in the room) and check the place. OMG~ my one and only help is not here yet? Or is it "yet" anyway? She either already be here at this hour or not at here at all.

Worried (about my day) I text her. No reply. Ah, just back up her, never mind, should not be that much work today. But, and then there is another but...a MSN window pop up and tell me the training meant for my job scope was scheduled in the after noon. Great~!

Very injured now, and the salt came...SMS from manager who is on leave. That girl really won't be here today. MC. At that moment I was thinking why didn't I hit my head harder yesterday till it bleed. Then perhaps I can take a few days of MC. See how the management suffer without us~ wahahahaha~ just for the fun of it.

But salt is nothing compare to acid. The acid came in toe form of lousy presentation in the afternoon session. The so call training is cheaply conducted via teleconferencing. And the guy at the other end spoke as if someone if pressing his balls all the time. How can I concentrate at all? The orders bothering me. Damn. The session was not at all productive. Didn't even absorb anything.

At the end of the day, I just manage to finish 80% of one of the the 8 databases' work. Out of this
8, 4 are from web. I touch none. Another 3 I touched a little. Hey, I'm an injured man, man. Can't endure to much of this. As a preparation in case I need to work alone again tomorrow. I decided to leave while the sun is around and go shop a little, to cheer myself up.

Tomorrow is only Wednesday....fuck.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger