Saturday 14 June 2008

Give you 625 and please shut up!

In order to shut the Rakyats' mouth concerning the event of the 2.70, the Government of Pak Lan, announced that those who renew their road tax (a redundant blood sucking scheme) April onwards this year, is entitled to a RM 625 instant cash rebate....or something like that. In short, road tax April, or after, get cash.

It is rather a simple process actually.

Go to the participate Post Office, get a number, get a form and fill in your name IC number and car number. Present your form and IC at the counter, they will check it the database, if you are qualified, they get your left thumb print can give you the money, on the spot.

Well, it is even a faster process that withdrawing in bank. The time consuming thing is the queue is rather long. That is if you are late.


Because of some minor accident during work, my dad have to MC today. So after sending my bro to work in Jusco, he thought since he no need work today, why don't just go settle this today? So he got in, get a number, wow~he have to wait for 300 something before his turn. He waited anyway. After sometime, he got tip-off that they opened another counter with different number. So he went and press to get another number. At the end, he is holding two tickets from to series of number.

After I got home from my routine loitering around in Saturday noon, my mum told me dad is queuing for this. A bit worried about him (he hit his head in the minor accident), I also got to Jusco. He is alright though, and offering one of his ticket to me, but it still looked as if I need to wait for very long. I hesitated, and went to buy some coffee for my dad and I. It's a hot day, so some Iced Coffee Latte with extra shot of espresso will do, with no syrup.

By the time I got back to the post office, things change. Apparently most of those who got the number earlier was freaked that need to wait for over hundred turns and left. Maybe they don't wanna waste their Saturday like this.


I see hope that this may not take too much of my time. So I filled in the extra form my dad got me and waited together. Within half and hour, finally its our turn. It turns out that both of my dad's tickets number are summoned in almost the same time. So apparently his idea of taking two ticket of two different series is not so workable, but in a twist of fate, it do me good.

So in this half broke month, I'm not that broke...wahahahaha~

No comments:

Powered By Blogger