Sunday 21 September 2008

My Kind of Weekend Version A

To get a lovely, relaxing day where everything works as I wanted it to be or at least in a way that I can accept, I have to work for freaking 15 hours on Friday. Well, 15 hours may not be anything for some, but for a lazy lad like me, it's huge, and I hate it.

Well, this is a Saturday that I like, slept at around 1 the day before, got up and pee at around 6 something, which will be the time I get up in normal working days. It is rather satisfying to get up at 6 something and know that you can get back to sleep in matter of minutes. I really like to get up and pee at 6 something in days I need not to work.

Then I proceed my sleep until it became easily interrupted by anything. The little bell on the baby's feet when she walks, the whining of the pig, or even the faint hiss of the TV. These are the indication that my sleep is enough, and it is just OK to get up. For the first few interruption, I can still get back to sleep, but when I find that the frequency of getting awake is increasing, I know my sleep is complete, and I am save to get up~! This, is a variation of my "natural awakening".

After the usually rush to get shower, oral hygiene stuff and an express coffee down to my vein, I read the paper with no hast. Then I did my usually weekly check on my car, usually just checking the engine oil, wipe some glasses, that's all. Now quite in the mood to wash the car though.

Well, then my mum is working today (she baby sits, and both babies were dumped here today as well) so I decided to go for some shopping. See if there is any DVD or CD that finally succeed in seducing me into buying as well as getting some beer supply; was looking forward for a drinking session with the old man. Hey, I may not able to bring back his glory days of his youth, but he still has a boy who he can drink with and boast to.

After a visiting two shopping centre and late brunch-tea, at 3 something at a well known roadside hawker's rojak and ABC, the idea flash through my mind: Well, I got beers for old man, how about his woman? Hmm...maybe try some pasar Ramadan and get some food for her. She always fond of lemang.

And off I went to search for these...but thing is, maybe it is me being bad in this kind of hunt, or Klang people is just being boring. I found some Ramadan market, but most of them selling things that cannot be eaten. Oh craps~! So I just wasted my time and fuel for an hour for nothing but some sweat. I've tired some nearby Malays residential area and even Klang's pasar malam, maybe I was early (4pm consider early for Ramadan market?), but I just couldn't find any. At last I went home empty handed saved for some beers, chips and some Iranian date for my family to try.

At the night, before my old man went out getting my brother back, I watch Seinfeld DVD. Nothing like a good dose of comedy after a week of pissedoffness and stroke opportunity. After the old man bring back my bro, I got in the room where they are watching some Japanese detective series VCDs that I bought years ago and they have watch for N so many times and have a drink with the old man.

So, the whole family is there, talking about the good old days, some nostalgic events, while the plot in the TV being reduce to nothing but background ambiance. Talk with the family, and drink. Compare to Sunday, where the fact that "tomorrow back to work" is haunting me the whole day, Saturday 11pm till approximately 1 am for me is the "family hours". Here is when where we do nothing but relax and enjoy some quality time together.

Now, I'm not that family oriented person, but after you for weeks, around 12 hours of more everyday, where in the whole week you home is nothing but a hotel room for you...you will find that having a time where you are really doing nothing, but just being with your family and talk, is the greatest moment, funnest thing, and most enjoyable way to spend the weekend.

Of course, if the office was not that hellish, one will always looking for a more happening weekend. But for now, for me, this does the trick...

2 comments:

kEllyz said...

Not bad ma.. At least you don't need to work on Sat & Sun.. can enjoy your rest day..

Jacob Johari said...

Yeah...I know you sometimes need.

then i should be grateful event if the weekend is a uneventful one. well at least i get the sleep...

u add oil~!

Powered By Blogger