Monday 30 March 2009

The End Is The Begining Is The End

So, it ended. After more than 3 years, it ended. And the way it ends, pretty nice.

I always think, if this world is going to be destroyed, Armageddon arrives, wouldn't it be cool if I'm here to witness it? Wouldn't it be cool for die the every same day, same time the Earth collapse? Well, the planet still have many years to live, but not KL CSO.

Tomorrow, March 31st 2009 will mark the end of the Great KL CSO. We will be replaced by some cheap labour new talent in China. It will be my every last day with Lenovo, being the victim of this mindless painful restructuring. So, the very last day of mine will be the very last day of the department, and most of the colleague as well.

I think I like it this way better, at least I won't feel the loneliness when leaving alone, like all those who have resigned to venture into new opportunity before this. At the last, day, having busy packing and settling some documentation, at the strike of 5, leaving the office alone, although a few close friends may see you off...somehow I think it will be a lonely walk.

But now it's different. The whole bloody department is going. Where we mourn of the lost of one colleague when he or she resign, now we all celebrate our final hours together and no matter how gray the future maybe, how bad the new job will be, how exciting the next role is, we know, that somewhere someone you know, is experiencing the exact same thing you are having, and to survive, we will live through any difficulty.

At the last minutes, I got an offer and accept it. It offer a lot less than I have now, but looking back, what I have currently is actually rather extraordinary. It was a sudden leap, and if it was increasing as per standard pace, the offer I get now is actually an improvement. Thinking like this, although in future I may not live exactly as now (cut down on toys) but at least I still have something. The offer is not entirely bad though.

Of course, being a greedy evil lad, I am always open and eager to get better job. But until then, I see no harm taking this. At this time, getting a job is a blessing. At least I'm not a PhD trying to get a cleaner's job.

Like I always advice; don't think of what you don't have and couldn't get, focus on what you already have. Cherish what we have now, there's a reason why fate give it to us.

6 comments:

Suyong said...

why dont you try to br a copywriter since you ennglish is lak lak sheng??

Jacob Johari said...

my English...sigh sigh sigh.....

kEllyz said...

re ur new job, join amy.. more more OT!! at the end of the month, mayb your salary will be higher than ur expected.. she is now the god of work in my hse..

All da best!!~

Jacob Johari said...

err....actually, not going CSC.....think think oso not suit me la...so still hunting....

s|Lv3r@|n3 said...

All the best, Jacob the Biscuit!~

Jacob Johari said...

ooo...thanks~

Powered By Blogger