Monday 16 March 2009

Transformers - Autobot - Ironhide

Yeah, I know the first movie released back in 07 and it has been close to two years now, and now, right after I got retrenched, I developed this costly and pricey hobby. Diu betul.

The hunt for Movie Ironhide started after I watched a Youtube review and read an online review of it. Ironhide by far is the most movie accurate and cool looking movie Transformers that are released before the sequel (and its batch of toys).

In a lovely Saturday morning, instead of paying my debts to the Sandman (as Siowgirl put it), I sleep was interrupted with dreams made of montage featuring Ironhide. It is weird and I can't really enjoy the sleep. So, regardless, I have to get it.

Last week, met a guy named Nasa in One U, he's a collector and in our brief chat in front Anime Tech, he recommended me a few outlet where I can search for nice and rare Transformers toys. One of the outlets is in Berjaya Timesquare.

So to the Timesquare I started, with a side plan of watching Watchmen, but since the parking fee in TS is bloodsucking, I scraped the plan and focus solely on hunting. There are a few similar outlet there, I found the one recommended by Nasa, and visited all the hobby shop there, and the Black Movie Ironhide is no where to be found. I tried my luck in Sungei Wang, it is worse. Seafoods everywhere but no toys, at least not the I wanted.

I don't know why but I was so determine that day that I decided to pay a visit to Sunway Piramid's Anime Tech and so off I went to SP. Another disappointment. The closest I got is the unpacked item which I do not prefer. Who knows what had happen to the toys when some stranger unpacked and play with it earlier. Damn it.

But I did not give up, although not much hope, I try Cineleisure, since in the last couple of visit there I saw some toy shops but then it was rather rate and we where rushing for movies. So, from Sunway I travel all the way to Damansara to Cineleisure. Toys sure they have, and they have a rather cool Brawl, but that is not what I desperately wanted then. I searched all related shop there, no hope. Visited The Curve, which does not have a proper toy shop, even walk over to Tesco and Ikano...still fruitless.

Demotivated, my imagination starting to get me...maybe the Anime Tech in One U has updated their stock. And so, revisit One U and no they never update the stock since I visited last. The only boxed Ironhide is the Off-road blue version that really does not looks cool and bad ass enough.

Feeling defeated, I headed back home. The night before I logged into eBay to search for some toys, just to check the availability of some toys, I saw a few Ironhides for sales, but I still prefer to buy it from a shop or something. Since all 8 complexes I visited gave me nothing, I have no choice but to buy online.

Well, there's one that can COD on Sunday at Amcorp, wow, rather simple transaction and so I sms that guy (he provided the number) and the whole transaction turns out smoothly. If I know it will be this east, why all the trouble the day before. But, shopping like this is always one of my favourite activity. Searching the whole city for just one item, it gives greater sense of accomplishment. Still, getting the toy is first priority~! And here I get my Ironhide, and this is the latest batch from the 07 movie, with glossy finishing. Definitely more charming than the first black one~!!!



It's new! It's still in the box and hold by that annoying white wire!!!



If not for the seam in from, easily passable as a model vehicle


With his guns taken off, looks more normal this way


Just...great!


You feeling lucky,punk?


If you remember the G1 cartoon, he is like a brother to Optimus


Simply the most serious fighter in the movie


Just look at the guns!


For the Autobat Voyager class toys, Bumblebee and Ironhide are the best with balance of movie accuracy and form factor.


Just that his face looks like a Decepticon though

Wonder what a holiday for Autobot is like.

Ironhide!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger