Sunday 1 March 2009

Countdown To Long Vacation

Ah~ March alas...

This will be my very last month in Lenovo. The countdown begins. After 3 years in this company, now they decided to ditch us to employ so cheaper workers from a third world country rising economy player.

A preview in the form of a con-call on January and a month later, a simple briefing session, and simple monotonic cold letter or termination as a token of gratitude. We are going to be free, and poor.

In the final month, despite the fiscal and quarter end, which will promise us a lot of workload, we will have to concentrate to train some anonymous boozoo from an exotic commie country. Rather a strange feel, we need to teach them support them properly so that they can take over our job. Do the dudes in higher management really think we will give them all? Process is dead, method is crafted from experience.

For a nation that created fake eggs and poisonous milk (how oxymoron), they sure have some great method. Good luck Lenovo. Bad move!

But as I have told a friend, there was time when I feel terribly demotivated to work and think of resigning before getting a new job (that is before this retrenchment) and get a rest for about a month or so. Reason for not doing it, is I need to feed my car, and there are peoples, friends in this company that I like to see constantly. So, I kind of take this retrenchment as a divine intervention that enables me to take a short break and rest...Somehow, I feel better this way.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger