Monday 9 March 2009

Transformers : More Than Meets The Eye

So, when I haven't buy the DVD for Bleach's movies, I was so really wanted to watch them. And now, I have both first and second movies with me, and they are still lying on the desk, wrappers still on, and dust thickening.

The long awaited new Ultraman movie DVD I have bought yesterday, but yet I have not the urge to watch it asap. Instead, I opt to the 1985 production of the original Transformers series.
Nemesis Prime Truck Mode

Yeah, I'm into Transformers this season. I have shopped for a Nemesis Prime toy which is a dark repaint of Optimus Prime and looks way cooler than the original shade. It is not the movie version so the robot is still have the blockly look. The good thing about it is it feels solid.
Nemesis Prime

Last week I visited 4 shopping complexes just to find Movie Camaro Concept Bumblebee Premium class. It turns out to be a rather old products, considering how long it was when the first movie came out, we got a sequel already this year. I only manages to find the standalone version for the Deluxe class, which has less details and I don't really fancy, so I end up with the only choice, to buy the trio pack which includes the Animated version and the Classic version of Bumblebee along with the Premium movie version I wanted.
Camaro Concept

I somehow rather dislike the new Animated series. Reason being the art is rather deformed. The robots and mecha is neither blocky with correct proportion or have the level of detail as in the live action. Thus, for me it looks like a lazy version of transformers. So, in the trio pack I like the Animated version the least, until I was rather disappointed on the treatment of the Classic version.

Classic Bumblebee Car Mode towing a jetski

For those who have watched the original G1 series before, you all now the original Bumblebee was a VW Beetle, but due to licencing issue, the toy's alternate mode is not the Beetle but some mutated version of Nissan Skyline C10 Station Wagon, sigh. And the transformation is simple enough. The only compensation is, it has the classic look, with the 'horny' head. No, I do not mean is has a head of a sexually aroused dick, OK.

Classic Bumblebee, notice the horny head.

It turns out that the Animated version gives me the most challenge. I was stuck twice when trying to transform it from vehicle to robot mode and vice versa. It is now only I know that even Transformer toy is more than meets the eye.
Animated Bumblebee Car Mode

What to do, those robot toys that I have during kid is just some cheap China made transforming toys that the instruction of the transformation only has around half a dozen of pictures. Pathetically simple, and the first authentic Transformer toy that I have is Leozack from Victory, which is also extremely simple, maybe due to the fact is is design to be a part of a bigger robot made up by combining Leozack with other 5 of his gang.
Animated Bumblebee

My fav among this three is of course the movie version. The car itself is a beauty and the robot mode is just marvellous. It also has an Automorph technology on its leg which for me its kind of cool.
Movie Camaro Concept Bumbleebee Premium Class

You only have to move its feet and the Automorph will take care of the upper part around shin itself. This is the reason I will leave the leg part the last when I transforming it from car to robot.
Movie Bumblebee transformed, notice the head is the armored look.

So now, in the Transformers side of collection, my next target should be the Voyager Class of Movie Optimus Prime. Reason being, the Leader class, although is more expensive with some light and sound effect, but still look bulky as compare to the Voyager Class. And of course, it is cheaper for Voyager Class. Other than this, will aim at Classic Starcream as well.

The interest in Western comic has toned down this season, but starting to develop interest in Zippo lighter (I kan social smoker...). The distinctive sound of it is so haunting and addictive. Although I'm not that flexible with my fingers, but still can pull one or two basic tricks/skills.

Damn, at the very cliff of being unemployed, here I am with my idiotic interest in relatively expensive toys. O God of Recruitment, please help this lost soul get a job with extraordinary handsome salary~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooww!! Transformers! Thanks for posting this...I miss them...

Powered By Blogger