Sunday 12 April 2009

April 12th 2009

April 12th, my birthday. Still in my twenties, ha.

This must be my weirdest birthday so far. I never really celebrate all my birthday, but still this is the first time I go tomb sweeping for Qingming on my birthday.

Slept at 3 after a lackluster tea session with friend and re-watch a couple episodes of Romance of The Three Kingdoms (in case you don't know, this is NOT a love story) and up at 6, but luckily, I don't have to drive, and better still when we no longer go all the way deep in KL to some old fashion cemetery. Both my grandpa and grandma have been cremated and placed in Qian Fo Shi (Temple of A Thousand Buddha, but somehow the established translation is Chin Foot Sze, temple of chin and foot?), so we do not need to go all the way deep into some bushes with bugs and mud. Althought the temple is still rather old, but it is an easier task.

Post tomb sweeping, my parents and the uncles aunties have decided to pay a visit to their cousin and off we go to Cheras. We had a lunch there, and I spent all the time listening to their long old stories as well as some political commentaries. Well, those are not cheap kopitiam talk, but really deep and intelligent, better than the gossip my mum repeats with her sisters.

The journey home is even fun, raining cats and dogs as if the sky had burito and chili plus tom yam last night, but rather suit the Qingming occasion.

清明時節雨紛紛
路上行人欲斷魂
借問酒家何處有
牧童遙指杏花村

-
杜牧


Day has not end yet, tomorrow although still do not have a job, but it's time to really start hunting. Wish me luck, comrades~!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger