Sunday 22 February 2009

False Alarm

Spent the first half of the evening watching the tokusatsu show and after dinner, spend the night watching House season 4.

Yeah, alone at home on Saturday night, no dates not gathering, pathetic and lonely, but it works for me, at least this week.

The first two discs of House season 4 has 5 episodes per disc, since one season of American drama series usually has 24 to 25 episodes, so I deduce that disc 3 and four should have 7 to 8 episodes per disc. Things got spooky when I put in disc 3, it only shows 4 episodes. Hey, 5 from #1, 5 from #2 and 4 from #3. If this is the case does it means that disc # 4 will have 10 or 11 episodes?

Curious and worried that I may have purchased an incomplete set which is totally with what written on the cover, I checked disc # 4 and to my horror, it only has 2 episodes~! Holly shit! And I happen to notice that the title for episode 16 is the title of the last episode for season 4, something I learnt when Wiki on House.

Since the last episodes in this DVD set is the last episode of the season, will it be possible if 8 episodes throughout the season has been missing? or there are 8 two-parter episodes that they grouped and named as one?

To find the answer, I have not choice but to go Wiki again and found out something. Something that I was concerned a year ago and forgotten by now. The writer strike! There was a writer strike for about two months which resulted on various film production got delayed and some ongoing series being interrupted.

Thus, for 2008 season, House season 4 only has 16 episodes as oppose to the normal 24. Which means I lost 8 hours of fun, thanks to the writer strikes.

Once the mystery is cleared, I resume the viewing and most likely to finish the season before Monday. So, a year long of waiting, just take a week to finish.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger