Saturday 19 September 2009

Mission to Witbank

And so the journey begins with a sip of a pre-flight champagne. What awaits us, we have no idea. News from those who went before is not promising. They say it gonna be hell, and thus, in the more than 10 hours flight and transit, where we still close to the touch of civilization, we must utilize all of it.

What this trip will bring me is a new job role, learning things that I never thing I will going to learn, and doing things that I did not plan to do in short term. What bizarre about this situation is, it is just hours after I tell my lead that I am always game for anything new, and that very evening, I got the news. Ha~

If I say I'm not worried at all about this trip, this mission, then I am lying. But thing is, this is just a job, not about life and death. My job now for the next 6 weeks is to learn from the people there, and their job in the next 6 weeks will include teaching me what they got. Strictly business, nothing personal.

With that idea in mind, I am more relax and decided, when work, I give my all. After office hour, I'll enjoy the best. I'll eat the best, and drink the best (as long as it is reasonable) and I definitely won't let the fact that the cultural difference in this country to be a detractor of me having fun. If you are not open to other's culture, then you shouldn't even be a Malaysian. Wahahaha~!


Although Eve can not make it with us, but this two comrades are good enough. Oddly enough, all three of us are analytical and a bit of introvert. But that means we can cope with each other better. Nazlyna is a cute fella, and Annie, a mother of two acts a bit like Ziva in the NCIS series, but still have a good dose of humour in her.


Looking back after we landed on Jo'burg, it is rather surprising, at least for me, that for the past 24 hours, the only thing we have done is all about travelling. Seeing what welcome us is such a beautiful scenery, I feel that, although the knowledge transfer maybe taxing, but at least the none working time will be such an interestingly peaceful vacation.


So the plane has landed, and our mission begins. Wish us luck, my friends~!

2 comments:

sze yong said...

i think that would be a wonderful n unforgettable business trip for u.. gd luck la..
p/s: nice business class.. so envy..

Jacob Johari said...

hehe~ ok la...more than 10 hours flight wor...if not fly like this a bit susah ler....

Powered By Blogger