Tuesday 20 January 2009

Pre CNY Rant

Whoa...that's fast!

I anticipated the CNY week long holidays, since like 6 months ago. All I thinking is just the long holidays. Just around end of last week that I realize CNY is CNY and it's just around the corner.

Ever since a few years ago I couldn't remember exactly how many years, but I have become what I think an anti-CNY. Yeah, I do enjoy CNY, I love the holidays, getting drunk and getting fat. Going out with friends having a good time. But generally, CNY is not my thing.

Pre CNY days, my mum will start to clean the house, this is my least favourite activity as a human being. Thing is, my mum is getting older and older, and my siblings...sigh...why my mum don;t just give birth to two pieces of char-siew instead? So, whether I like it or not, I need to help out, a bit, at least cleaning the bathroom and toilet.

Char-Siu

And, since I'm at it, I'll somehow think my room is getting dirtier and I will need to clean it as well. This is the second least favourite activity. The main problem in my room is dust, and ever increasing numbers of books and comics. I will need to device a way to arrange them in order and easy to access and of course dust proof. Dusting my room is a torture no better than squeezing my balls with chopsticks (never try that, purely hypothetical). Reason being, my nose is ultra allergic to dust.

My plan this year is cleaning my room tomorrow, after work. Estimate around 2 hours will be more than enough. This weekends will do the bathroom, hopefully no one will do it first.

Know my reason for hating cleaning job for CNY? It is because of the standard answer my mum give me when I ask the rationale of these:

"If not cleaned later people come here no good to see la"

and I standard comment is:

"Then don't let them come, or maybe they can come, but blindfold them? Who's going to inspect our house for traces of dust and spiderweb anyway?"

"Isn't the house lovely Uncle 7. Sorry bout the gag, I hate senior citizen gossiping around. By the way, would you like a drink?"

Why don't for once, she gives a better answer, say cleaner house for healthier life or say she just develop new allergic towards dirty house. Then perhaps I will be more happy to help.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger