Wednesday 26 November 2008

The Case of The Dead Battery

So Saturday...as usual I will spend sometime with my car. Since friend will be fetching to the wedding guy's bachelor night, so I have all the time I need before night.

After a quick wash at a nearby RM 8 car wash service (I have not wash the car myself since a couple of months ago...I'm allergic to detergent, yeah right), I took the car home and proceed to rewash the windscreen and the windows. As you humble me is a bit of a perfectionist, I have to make sure every inch, I mean CM of the windows are covered. So, I have to turn on the electric power source so that I can lower the power window to clean those hard to reach area.

This done, I applied some rain repellent liquid on the windscreen. It has been rainy lately, I think this will come in handy. The whole process only takes me around 15 minutes, and by the time I was done, the mother of the baby my mum is babysitting came and we successfully dispose the very last job related thing for the day.

So I happily make myself a giant glass of iced coffee, and online and happily wait for my driver to come. I found that the typical Chinese bachelor night is always boring. There will not be any stripper and all the relatives will be around. Whoa, so the meaning of being bachelor is, you have relatives? The only difference between bachelor night and the night function Chinese typically have for the deceased (where you go there give donation money and sit don't know do what) is, instead of mourn, the bachelor night is a celebration, instead of looking at the deceased one last time, we visit the bride's room; instead of eating some lamely made food and cheap drinking water, we have nicer foods and booze, and the better part is bachelor nights do not have those annoying religious rituals.

Despite the fact we need to be early the next morning, I think we will hang around there rather late if not for some unexpected annoyance I choose not to relived here. After a rather lengthy journey, I got home alas, around 1 am. Worried that I may forgot the red packet for Sunday's wedding dinner, I think it will be good if I put the invitation in my car, for I surely will drive there. So I get to my car and found something weird...hey, the car key still in the car.

No...those cliche plot of car key lock inside care will never happens to me. The car isn't lock, but the power never switch on. I could barely see the battery light on. Try to start but it couldn't. Optimistically, I thought "It has been 7 hours the power if left one, maybe after a night sleep it will be OK tomorrow". Of course it won't.

I got up early the next morning trying to start the car. Oh shit! It was dead, and I need to have a car for the "buddy delegation". I interrupted my dad's morning shit and ask him to help jam(or jump?)-start...but of no use. We spent around half an hour trying and trying. At then end, I called my friend informing this bad news, but I still join the delegation anyway, but not driving. Thing is, the delegation also do not need this many cars as he expected. So in a way it doesn't really matters anyway.

Of course I didn't tell any of them what really happened that day. For it will be extremely paiseh for me to face the wedding guy with such stupid incident. And in order to make the misinformation works, I have to misinform other friends as well...Sorry, but now you get the truth~! Haha~

Alas, and EL on Monday and I got my car towed to the service center and the battery get a new replacement for free. Of course I have to do the misinforming part again, if not it may not be for free. If everything happens for a reason, the this incident of the dead battery happened because maybe God predicted I will get a hangover from the wedding dinner. Well, it is something a expect for being a buddy at the "Yam-Seng" session anyway...That night, highly intoxicated but still not drunk. It's good I don't have a car to drive that night.....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger