Sunday 5 July 2009

The End Is The Begining Is The End

When I received the call saying I got a job offer, but it only starts on July, my first inner reaction is, "What, I have to wait for another month?". Now is July, and I will start on the 6th. Suddenly, I just realized that my long vacation has finally comes to an end. Like all holiday or vacation or break before this, I kind of starting to miss being totally free and useless again.

June, although is the financially worst in my days of unemployment, but is also the most relaxing month. No, I did not go anywhere this three months, not even a short local getaway, just stay at my place. The first two months can hardly relax, not news from job hunting, attending various interviews and browsing through those job sites. It is productive, or appear to be productive. The uncertainty of the future cast a rather dark shadow of my everyday life.

But a single phone call at the end of May change everything, but then my money is running out. So, although now I can let down the burden of job hunting, and just wait for days to go by and start my new job a month after, I can't really enjoy it the way I like. Well, you can't always get what you want. I can only enjoy what I can afford.

I tried to find some part time or even temp job, but I found that getting a suitable temp job is even harder than getting a permanent job. After a couple of try, I give up, cause there isn't much time for that.

The last two week I starting to prepare for the new job, studying the traffic so that I know when is the best time to start travelling to the office. To make my days more meaningful, I called some friends out to have lunch together. Reason I'm doing is in the final two weeks of long holiday is, I save the best for the last. Haha~

I kind of like the idea of calling friend out for lunch in weekdays. One maybe to see how they dressed in working days, or perhaps it is something I can't normally do when I am working. Not much people have a chance to get retrench, I might as well make use of it to do something I seldom have chance to go.

Enough said, not is already early Sunday morning, meaning tomorrow I new chapter of life will begin. Wish me luck, pal!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger