Sunday 14 December 2008

T minus two weeks and counting...

It's less than two weeks now...the union of two close friends. I took a moment after writing the line and try to feel how excited I am now, but too bad my stomach is making an episode and I just have the sensation of want to shit...so I can't follow up that line by saying how excited I am.

I remembered when they told us their plan to marry this year end, I felt like "Wow...that is quite some time..." but now, it is just less than a week.

It's a marvel to see the groom to be guy to finally set up his own little family, being someone's husband, taking a new responsibility, being a leader, a head of a family. He is a funny guy, always funny. Sometimes the funny part is intended, but for most of the time, they appeared to be otherwise. He has the uncanny ability to use proverbs and sayings in some very curious manner, he can magically sings some totally different lyric of a song he know so well, even when the original lyric is pathetically clearly presented on the TV screen. He is just an amusing fellow.

I expected to see him grow, mature slowly but never have I expected he will take a great leap to marriage. Marriage is not for kid, especially if the groom and bride take active role organizing the wedding. It is insane. From some conversation with them I know unless you are rich enough to employ a wedding planner which will take up quite a bulk of the trouble, wedding is really an insane process, even if it is a rather 'simple' one like what they planned.

Frankly, IF I have a girl friend now and assume that we have dated for quite sometime, a few years for instance, will I be ready to marriage? No, I do not think so. I really like to live carefree. A girlfriend will do me good but not a wife and a family. Who the fuck invented some joke like marriage anyway? And we need to sign some forms for it too...I hate form filling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

emm.. after 2-3 years, when most of your friends already get married& set up their own family.. then the loneliness might change ur mind during that time..^^

Jacob Johari said...

when's ur turn?

Anonymous said...

hehe.. 'after 2-3 years.. when most of your friends get married... ... ' i think, i will be one of them gua.. hahaha..

Powered By Blogger