Monday 8 December 2008

The Case of Miscommunication

So two of my friends gonna marrying each other this month end and they are going to give us invitation card for the wedding dinner.

And so the groom MSN me last Tuesday and ask if I am free on Sunday night cause he wants to pass us the invitation. Well, of course my reply will always be "Alright", "Can", "No problem" etc.

And so I waited and wondered where will the little gathering be? Our usual place? Maybe a dinner together? Or some other place that for reason unknown suddenly pop up in his mind?

And characteristically, I did not hear from him for the whole bloody week. Not even on the Sunday. Since, one of his traits is proposing a plan or gathering or activities that even he himself never meant it, and the possibility of the preparation of his wedding are so fucking consuming his time, the gathering may be called off or postpone or I may expect an last minute call.

At the end nothing. I presumption above enable me not to feel surprise, but a message on MSN with another friend revealed something much to my dismay. The friend ask "Why didn't join the mamak just now?"

Well, you know me. I'm highly flammable. And so I briefly explained that I never get any confirmation and given the groom's reputation, it is just pointless for me to proactively seek for confirmation. I am still the guess and he the host. And the second message that ticks me off his my friend said that the groom claim to have message me about it....GREAT! A brief MSN message that as if I am free Sunday night which I promptly reply asap but never get any reply or further instruction in return....WOW that is just a fucking crystal clear MESSAGE!

Of course I am pissed! I always support my friends and this wedding couple are among my dearest friend. I know the groom's character of being absent minded and never methodical in his doings but I just pissed! And those who attend never thought of calling and ask the character that always present why is he late or something. Hmm...guess the group is evolving again...

Needless to say, I made some sarcastic remark which I hope my friend sense it, and SMS to the bride explaining briefly why was I absent and thank HER for inviting me to their wedding. NO, don't imagine that I am having a row with the groom. He is my friend and I understand his character. I am just a little pissed, that's all. Especially speculating what is the odd this couple will still be joining us in our activities after they got married or after they got a child or two. This may be the very last time we go out when they are still a bachelor.

Sigh, I was once among the first to get a GF in the group, but now I am among the few still unattached and not seeing anyone. Suddenly, the loneliness crept in. No, I am not desperate for a gild, I just missed the gang as a whole. Of course the presence of a girl will be good, but looking back, I missed the good old days when we still can be considered as kid...now, only I'm the kid.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger